2023 Annual William E. Simon Economic Policy Forum
Wednesday, May 3, 2023 | 02:30 PM 05:00 PM | 2 Albany Street New Brunswick, NJ 08901 (map)
GSI’s Annual William E. Simon Economic Policy Forum was held on Wednesday, May 3rd in New Brunswick.
Click below to watch the video highlights of our most succesful policy forum to date!
Through the generous support of the William E. Simon Foundation, the event is free to attend, but registration is required. We are also pleased to announce ROI-NJ.com as our exclusive media partner for this event.
About our Speakers
Policies Have Consequences
Arthur B. Laffer is the founder and chairman of Laffer Associates, an economic research and consulting firm. As a result of Dr. Laffer’s economic insight and influence in starting a worldwide tax-cutting movement during the 1980s, many publications have named him “The Father of Supply-Side Economics.”
Dr. Laffer served as a member of President Reagan’s Economic Policy Advisory Board for both of his two terms. In March 1999, he was noted by Time Magazine as one of “the Century’s Greatest Minds” for his invention of the Laffer curve, which has been called one of “a few of the advances that powered this extraordinary century.” He has received many awards for his economic research including two Graham and Dodd Awards from the Financial Analyst Federation. He graduated from Yale with a Bachelor’s degree in economics in 1963 and received both his MBA and Ph.D. in economics from Stanford University.
Business in New Jersey: Opportunities & Challenges
Moderated by Dipal Patel, CEO of Hexa Builders and GSI Board Member
- Senator Steven Oroho, Senate Republican Leader & Certified Financial Planner
- Jeremy Farrell, Special Counsel & Managing Director, Development and Community Relations at LeFrak
- Celestina Quintana, Chairperson, NJBIA Board of Trustees, Owner/Operator of 11 McDonald’s restaurants
New Jersey’s Energy Options
Moderated by Rick Mroz, Past President, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities
- Travis Fisher, Senior Research Fellow, The Heritage Foundation
- Matthew Kiessling, Senior Director, State Affairs, American Gas Association
- David R. Hill, Sr. Research Scholar, Ctr. on Global Energy Policy, Columbia University